Sunday, February 20, 2011

Meaning Of Stripes On Letterman's Sweater

Porcari runs .. what a show!

And so to my second participation in one of the most beautiful race, with a special charm and breathtaking runs Porcari. Many, many people united by a spirit of true, real bluntly and without controversy that often are not created in the competitive events Sunday morning. I do not know how many admissions were there yesterday in Porcari, I just know that having arrived late at the start I made the 20 km route .. from "solo" ... without teammates .. c''รจ but was never a meter that was not elbow to elbow with other participants share a joke or a word. It makes no sense to force me I want to enjoy, despite the tadpole legs to push wonder just having fun in the challenging and scenic climbs like the one that leads to Monte Carlo and as others on the way to reach the final of the turret.

What is missing is a flood of awesome people, awesome!

gray morning but no rain, it's almost comforting that the leaden sky knowing that it would rain if not in the afternoon. I press start on the garmin and start my adventure in the town of Lucca. The kilometers pass like seconds, I do not have time to drink a glass of tea at the various refreshment that I come now to the next, holding me by tasting some goodness that I saw on the tables full of food and crowded with participants including, runners, walkers, families, children and the elderly.

I stop to rest near the restaurant the "Nina" in Monaco, where, as in 2010, I'll do a good bowl of refreshing fruit .. a blessing before leaving choosing the path of 20 km.

guint the "big oak" it starts the "cross" completely in the mud .. a real pesticcio mud up to their ankles! It 's always nice to get through a race and you can gaze across the panorama from the top in this case the plain of Lucca.

I really enjoyed running down the tower and pushing the last km .. stop my garmin and go Marchino .. travel to some nice restaurants where slice of cake and three cups of hot chocolate to replenish my way to return to Montecatini.

in 2010 defined this race as the "queen" of the non-competitive .. quest''anno I want to define the race "" Queen "as a symbol of running and racing.

Getting up at 6:30 it really worth it, the event rate 9.5!

all a good week.


0 comments:

Post a Comment